Selling a car requires among all other things, keeping ready the necessary documents. This is the final step after finalizing the buyer and the selling price. There are different requirements in each of the states so you must be aware of the rules of your state. You have to enquire with the DMV regarding documents required to sell Used cars in pasco. This will also depend on whether you have any loan pending for repayment. Generally, the following are the documents required when you propose a sale.
- First of all, anybody would need to check the ownership of your vehicle. To ascertain that you are the legal owner of the car they would want your title verified. So keeping the title document ready is very important. If there is a loan on your vehicle, then the person to whom you have mortgaged should be notified. Only after you settle your loan you can go ahead with the sale. The lienholder will give you a release document and only then you can get a clear title. In case you have lost your title document make sure you apply for a duplicate and keep it ready before the sale happens.
- After the sale is over you should not have any liability related to your old vehicle. For this, you should get a notice of transfer from the DMV of your region. Once you inform them of the sale, you can get a release from liability document. If the vehicle is registered in your name after the sale then the liability associated with it arising from the new owner will pass on only to you creating unnecessary trouble.
- You should keep your vehicle history report ready. This will give details regarding all previous owners, any accident history, repairs undertaken, etc. This document gives the buyer access to all necessary information so that he can have peace of mind while buying the car from you.
- If the car is still under warranty then you should pass on the warranty documents too. If you had taken an extended warranty for your car that can prove an added advantage to your sale. The buyer is more than pleased to get a second-hand vehicle with a warranty because his spending on repairs can be reduced to some extent.
- In certain states like California, you are required to submit a smog certificate also. The buyer may not be from your state so he must make sure the requirements for the certificate from his state also.
- Also, you may need in addition to all these, a vehicle inspection report. This is also a requirement in some states only. This certificate will assure the buyer that the car is checked well for its on-road condition.